General Terms and Conditions
The present ‘General Terms and Conditions for Customers’ are applicable to the relations between Takeaway.com and the Customers. Restaurants are referred to the ‘General Terms and Conditions for Restaurants’.
Offer: the range of products and services offered by the Restaurant that can be ordered by the Customer through the Platform.
Order: an order placed by the Customer with the Restaurant through the Platform as regards the Offer selected by the Customer.
Customer: a natural person or legal entity placing an Order through the Platform.
Agreement: an agreement between the Customer and the Restaurant regarding an Order and the delivery or collection of the Order.
Platform: the website(s), apps, tools and other equipment of Takeaway.com and its affiliated companies and business partners on which the Service is made available.
Restaurant: a company that prepares and sells meals, beverages and related articles and uses the Platform for the establishment and payment of the Agreements.
Restaurant information: the information about the Restaurant with regard to, among other things, company and contact information, general information, product range (meals, side dishes, options and beverages), prices for each individual product (including VAT), company logo, graphics, delivery area (including postal codes), delivery costs and minimum order amounts.
Service: the commercial services and/or activities that are offered to the Customer by Takeaway.com, including publication of the Offer, facilitation of the conclusion of Agreements and transmission of Orders to the relevant Restaurant.
Takeaway.com: Takeaway.com European Operations B.V. acting for itself and on behalf of any corporate entity or person that controls, are controlled by or under the common control, directly or indirectly, with Takeaway.com Group B.V.
2. Identity of Takeaway.com
Takeaway.com operating under the name of ‘Takeaway.com’:
Address principal place of business:
1011 DK Amsterdam
VAT no.: NL815697661B01
- The present General Terms and Conditions for Customers are only applicable to the Service. Takeaway.com is not responsible for the Offer. As the case may be, the general terms and conditions of the Restaurant shall be applicable to the Offer in addition.
- By placing an Order the Customer directly concludes an Agreement with the Restaurant for delivery of the Offer selected by the Customer. The Customer is bound by the Order and will not be entitled to a refund except in case of cancellation allowed by the Restaurant pursuant to article 6 below.
4. The Offer
- Takeaway.com publishes the Offer on behalf of the Restaurants on the Platform, in accordance with the Restaurant information supplied by the Restaurants. Takeaway.com shall not accept any responsibility or liability for the contents of the Offer and the Restaurant information on the Platform. The Restaurant may use ingredients and additives of meals and drinks, that could cause allergies and intolerances. If a Customer is allergic to any foodstuffs, we advise to contact the Restaurant by telephone for current allergen information before placing an Order.
- Takeaway.com presents all Restaurant information in such a way that it is clear to the Customer what his rights and obligations are after having accepted the Offer.
- Takeaway.com shall not accept any liability for Platform availability.
5. The Agreement
- The Agreement is effective as from the moment the Customer finalizes the Order by clicking the ‘Buy now’ button during the process of placing an Order through the Platform.
- After receipt of the Order, Takeaway.com will electronically confirm the Order to the Customer.
- The Agreement can only be executed by the Restaurant if the Customer provides correct and complete contact and address information when placing the Order. The Customer is obliged to immediately report any inaccuracies in the payment data supplied or mentioned to Takeaway.com or the Restaurant.
- With respect to information on the status of his Order, after having placed the Order the Customer is required to be available by telephone or email (as indicated when placing the Order) for both the Restaurant and Takeaway.com.
- If the Customer decides to have the Order delivered, the Customer must be present at the delivery address indicated by the Customer in order to take receive the Order items.
- If the Customer decides to collect the Order, he should be present at the selected time at the collection location of the Restaurant, as indicated in the confirmation email, text message or on the Takeaway.com website.
- Upon delivery of the Order, the Restaurant could ask for identification if the Order contains alcoholic products or other products with an age limit. If the Customer cannot identify himself adequately or does not meet the minimum age requirements, the Restaurant will refuse to deliver the relevant products to the Customer. In this case, cancellation costs may be charged.
- Takeaway.com does not accept any liability relating to the execution of the Agreement.
6. Dissolution of the Agreement and cancellation of the Order
- Considering the perishable nature of the Offer, the Customer shall not be entitled to dissolve the Agreement. Orders cannot be cancelled by the Customer with Takeaway.com. Cancellation of the Order with the Restaurant is only possible by the Customer if the Restaurant explicitly indicates that Cancellation of the Order by the Customer is possible.
- The Restaurant is entitled to cancel the Order, e.g., if the Offer is no longer available, if the Customer has provided an incorrect or inoperative telephone number or other contact information, or in case of force majeure.
- If the Customer places a false Order (for example by providing incorrect contact information, by not paying or by not being present on the delivery or collection location in order to receive the Order) or otherwise fails to comply with his obligations pursuant to the Agreement, Takeaway.com shall be entitled to refuse any future Orders from such Customer.
- Takeaway.com is entitled to refuse Orders and cancel Agreements on behalf of the Restaurant, if there is reasonable doubt about the correctness or authenticity of the Order or contact information. If Takeaway.com cancels an Order that has already been paid for, Takeaway.com shall transfer the paid amount into the same account as from where the payment has been made. If the Customer places Orders that appear as false or fraudulent, Takeaway.com may report this to the police.
- At the moment the Agreement is concluded in accordance with the provisions of article 5.1 of these General Terms and Conditions for Customers, Customer is obliged to pay the Restaurant for the Order. The Customer may fulfil this payment obligation by using an online payment method through the Platform or by payment to the Restaurant at the door or at the collection location.
- Subject to the provisions of article 6.4 of these General Terms and Conditions for Customers, the (partial) reimbursement of an online payment shall only be possible if the Order cannot be delivered (entirely). The reimbursement shall always be made into the same account as the one from which the payment has been made.
- The Restaurant has authorized Takeaway.com to accept the Customer’s online payment on behalf of the Restaurant.
8. Complaints settlement
- Complaints from the Customer about the Offer, the Order or the performance of the Agreement, are to be filed with for receipt by the Restaurant. The sole responsibility for the Offer of the Restaurant and the performance of the Agreement lies with the Restaurant. Takeaway.com may only assume a mediating role.
- If the Customer has a complaint as regards the Service, the complaint is to be communicated by means of the contact form, by email or ordinary mail to the Takeaway.com customer service, at the contact address as indicated in article 2 of the present General Terms and Conditions for Customers.
- Once the complaint has been received by Takeaway.com, the latter shall react as soon as possible, but not later than within one week, with a confirmation of receipt. Takeaway.com aims to handle the complaint as soon as possible, but not later than within two weeks.
- Complaints as described in sections 1 and 2 of this article must be filed promptly within due time after the Customer has detected the shortcomings, be fully and clearly described and filed with the respective Restaurant (section 1) or Takeaway.com (section 2).
- When placing the Order, the Customer may also subscribe to the newsletter. The Customer can unsubscribe from this newsletter through www.takeaway.com/switzerland/newsletter or by contacting the customer service by using the contact data as mentioned under ‘Correspondence Address’ in article 2 of these General Terms and Conditions for Customers.
10. Inspection and correction of stored personal data
- Takeaway.com shall process personal data relating to the Customer. The processing of personal data is subject to the Privacy Statement.